So I have thought about starting a blog but held back for a few reasons.
One, my life is pretty boring. I look at blogs to catch up with people and get a weekly/daily dose of my niece and nephew who live across the country but I've decided this excuse won't work anymore. While I may not have an exciting life on the surface a lot of life is your attitude and perspective and when you look at it right everyone has funny and entertaining things happen to them on a daily basis so take that excuse number one.
Two, one of my brother's has wanted a few of us to jointly blog for awhile but I have turned him down several times. Sorry Jeff! I think I have been worried that I would start something and not finish it or just ignore it. Well since I decided excuse number one was no longer valid it kind of made this one obsolete also. I know that I won't be posting a lot but that's okay. Anyway those are two of the excuses I used before I finally buckled down and made the blog, now on to the good stuff.
As I do think that life should be a musical (or a soundtrack if you will) I will try to tell you what the theme song of the week is when I'm writing. Now this may sound silly but the song that has been running through my head constantly this last week is "Love Song," by Sara Bareilles. The song is actually about how she's not going to write a love song for someone just because they want one (there is a video on youtube if you want to hear it). I have heard this song almost every time I have turned on the radio these last 2 weeks. Surprisely I chose it not because I am frustrated with men but because I am frustrated with excercise. I have started excercising to the video, "30 Day Shred," and let me tell you after day one and two it is hard to use your legs because your muscles are screaming at you. Thankfully I am past that point but the routine isn't any easier, there is just less aftermath.
Every time I hear this song on the radio I think about how some people say they love to excercise and then I recall what I go through when I am really good about doing it and you know what I'm never going to love excercising. While I am never going to write a "love song" about excercising I am going to enjoy the benefits. Even though I haven't really lost weight since beginning my clothes do fit better, I have a stronger stamina, and I feel a sense of accomplishment knowing that I survived another bout with Jillian Michaels (the trainer on the dvd). There are things in life we don't necessarily love doing at the time but they make our life better and happier in the end. So for all those times- I will try to remember it's not always about the here and now but quite often about the eternal.
Plastic Free?
10 years ago
I'm glad that you decided to do the blog!!! Love the title and the theme song of the week. I totally do that to! Miss you crazy! loves!
ReplyDeleteThe exercise is worth it. You ought to have Jeff come work out with you sometime. Workouts are a lot more enjoyable when you do them with somebody else.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you have joined the ranks of the bloggers. It's a nice way to help everyone stay caught up.
I am glad you decided to start a blog! I think you are rather witty, so this will be fun to read. I like the idea of a song theme track too. I'll have to wait till Ryan gets home to figure out how to get your blog onto our blog. But anyhow... have a GREAT day!
ReplyDeleteKatelyn! I am ecstatic that you are blogging! I really enjoyed talking to you at the reunion---you are witty--as stated above--and you are a joy to talk to !!! I HATE exercise also. But--I have decided that I need it in my life. I absolutely loathe doing it, but I feel better after I do it. (even with the sore muscles) I look forward to reading your blog posts!!
ReplyDelete