Thursday, July 8, 2010

"Surely" Handel's "The Messiah" is amazing

I love the Mormon Tabernacle Choir cd of The Messiah. I have it in my car and it has been great to listen too. When Michael drives he puts the Hallelujah Chorus on repeat. Anyway it is nice to have- today Michael and I drove down to the Ogden Temple and listened to the cd there and back. In high school the choir I was in sang 2 songs besides the H.C., including "Surely He Hath Born Our Griefs..." and "He Trusted in God." I love both, the instruments are amazing and voices great. Anyway you can get the cd at a Distribution Center, I also got the Children Songbook (instrumental only). It is great too.

As usual my life is pretty ho-hum in general. I do have a lot of work stuff to do with barcoding, putting new call numbers on books, and possibly completely redoing the AR information for all the books in the library- but things have to get done and I am finally moving forward now that I have learned how that library's printer works. I think I mentioned before on here that I have been transferred to a different elementary school this year and while it will be a lot of work it will also be a pretty neat challenge. I have always loved the movie "The Mummy," one of the main characters says, "I may not be an adventurer or explorer .... but I am proud of what I am. I am a librarian" (please excuse paraphrasing). I too am a librarian and while I may not be battling ancient mummies returned from the underworld I combat apathy towards literature and strive to find that perfect book for each kid that makes them want to keep reading.

1 comment:

  1. Ah! The Mummy reference reminded me of when we first saw that movie together in the Worm Creek theater. Priceless memories!

    ReplyDelete